Proper use of PC and PPE is a key part of safety practices in substations.
- For full body protection, the Protective Clothing shall be worn close/fastened and other suitable PC (Protective Clothing) & PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) shall be used (e.g. helmet and face screen, gloves with cuffs, footwear etc.)
- Sleeves must NEVER be rolled up during use of the garment.
- Each item must be of an equal or higher arc rating than that required by the Arc Flash protection boundary rating (read more on the arc flash suit ratings).
- No undergarments which can melt should be used.
- For repairs/alterations, only FR fabric and thread must be used.
- PC & PPE must be stored in a dry, clean and ventilated area.
- Wear only clean, unsoiled and undamaged PC and PPE.
- Clean garment thoroughly.
- Use Detergent only.
- Dry cleanable.
- Turn garment inside out before washing.
- Wash up to 60°C (140°F) for Woven and 40°C (104°F) for Knitted or Fleece fabrics.
- No chlorine bleach or hydrogen peroxide either separately or in detergents.
- No softeners or starch.
- Garments should be washed with like colours.
- Recommended to be washed with garments that are similarly soiled.
- Garment can be tumble dried or line dried.
- Failure to launder properly could adversely affect the flame resistance of the arc flash clothing material.
Please note that the wash care instructions on the label attached to the garment must be adhered to first, in addition to the above complementary information.
ProGARM Washing Instructions
Survive ARC Wash Care