Compliance with OSHA involves observance of a six-point plan:
- A facility must provide (and have the ability to demonstrate)- a safety program, complete with clearly defined responsibilities.
- Calculations for the degree of arc flash hazard. (Read more about how to perform ArcFlash Hazard Analysis.)
- Be in possession of correct personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers.
- Provide training for workers on the hazards of arc flash.
- Be in possession of appropriate tools for safe working.
- Display warning labels on equipment ( by the equipment owners, not the manufacturers).
Contact us learn more about substation safety, or to enquire about any of our substation safety equipment.